Q: Should I wash my hair on the Trial/Wedding day?
A: It really comes down to personal preference; Kirsty McCall Hair & Make-up Artists are more than capable of working with freshly washed hair. We feel that if you, the bride, are more comfortable washing your hair on the day then that is what you should do. It's your big day after all! If you are having a blow dry then we will need your hair to be freshly washed and wet, for everyone else please have dry hair.
Q: When is the best time to arrange a trial for my hair & makeup?
A: The trial can take place as early as you would like but it must be during the winter & spring months Sept - May. Trials in the busy Summer season are only in exceptional circumstances and not on weekends.
Q: What products are used?
A: All of the Kirsty McCall Hair & Make-up Artists use top quality products from cosmetic brands such as MAC, Bobbi Brown, Kiko, Anastasia Bev Hills, Kylie cosmetics, Becca and NARS. Our Artists also use hair products from TIGI, L’Oreal & Tresemme.
Q: How many people can you fit in on the wedding day?
A: As many as you need! If you have a very large party as many artists as needed will attend your Wedding.
Q: Will the make up stay on all day?
A: Yes, as long as you remember to do the following:
Re-apply your lip gloss every couple of hours
Use oil-control blotting sheets (Clinique/body shop/MAC) and pressed sheer powder every couple of hour to take off excess shine. (MAC Blot powder in Light/Medium/Dark)
If there are tears Dab...Don't wipe!!
Q: Do the artists use waterproof mascara?
A: Yes always on the Wedding day, but sometimes not at the trial.
Q: Do you accept cheques?
A: No please pay by Paypal or Bank transfer. for everything except your final 50% wedding day balance which needs to be paid in cash as soon as we arrive on your wedding day.
Q:How do we work out timings?
A:I will send you another form after your trial so that you can confirm the final numbers for hair and/or Make up. This form will also include the hairstyles that you have chosen so that i can give you the correct hair price and also whether people would like false lashes. This information will enable me to give you an accurate breakdown of the timings for the hair and make up and your final amount to pay on the Wedding day.
Q: Where does the trial take place?
A: At your home, or your family member/friends home. Wherever you would like us to go! Travel costs are 60p per mile one way from the artists house.
Q: Do I have to have everyone's hair and make up Trialed?
A: No, Its important for the Bride to have a trial but everyone else can choose whether they would like one or not. Maybe just invite them to your trial and your artist can just have a chat with everyone about what would suit them and what they would like on the day.
Q:I want to have my trial on the same date as my Hen do/Birthday party/Special event, is that ok?
A:Yes…but sometimes trials get rescheduled at the last moment so please be prepared for this. If you would like a secure booking for a special event please book this separately.
Q: Will you stay to help me with my dress?
A: If we have time then we love to help you in to your dress but this is at our discretion and only if we don’t have another Wedding or event to go to after your Wedding. This is not a paid service so it should not be expected.
Q: How often do you reply to emails?
A: I try to reply to emails as quickly as I can, but if I am very busy doing back to back trials, weddings and events then I may take 3+ days to reply.
Q: When should I book you?
A: As soon as you know your desired date! I take bookings up to 3 years in advance and I work on a first come first served basis. It's never too soon to contact me.
Q: Why do I have to email you? Why can’t I facebook message you?
A: There are so many ways to communicate now, Facebook messenger, FB business pages messenger, Instagram messages, Text, Carrier Pigeon, Phone calls, Linkedin, Post etc As you can imagine when I have 300+ Brides/clients contacting me it can get very confusing and very hard to keep track of bookings, payments and conversations. So I like to keep everything to email/whatsapp so that I have a thread of communication with you and I can keep everything organised.
Q: Do you only do weddings? I have a party to go to and want to get my hair and make up done by you.
A: I don't just do weddings! I am happy to come and do your hair and make up for a Party, Christening, Baby Shower, a meal out or just because you fancy it! If you are going to someone else's wedding , Ascot or a prom then as long as me or my pro team are available then we would be happy to come to you and make you look beautiful!
- Please tell me immediately if you no longer want your wedding booked in my diary and just want to cancel without rebooking. I need to be as flexible as possible to all my Brides needing to reschedule so please allow me to free up your date if you no longer want it. You will not be eligible for a refund of any booking fee or money paid.
- If you need to reschedule your wedding due to Coronavirus but are unable to set a new date at this time, you can rebook your wedding as long as you contact me within 6 months of your original wedding date. All monies and booking fee paid will then be transferred across.
- All postponed Weddings need to happen before the 31st of Dec 2021. If you choose a date in 2022 you will need to start a new booking. Your previous booking fee and payments will not be carried over.
- If I (Kirsty) or any of my artists develop a temperature/cough or any other Coronavirus symptoms we will not be able to attend your trial/wedding. I have a team of over 15 Pro Artists who will all be on standby so that we can cover any weddings at very short notice.
- If you or any member of your bridal party (or anyone that will be in the room) at your trial or wedding has any Coronavirus symptoms (or has been in contact with anyone with symptoms in the previous 4 days) they must NOT ATTEND the trial/wedding morning. Some members of my Pro Team are in the high risk category due to pregnancy, heart conditions, diabetes, asthma etc and it is not fair to put them at risk. If we arrive and suspect that anyone has Coronavirus symptoms we will leave immediately.
- If you are looking to postpone your wedding date it is essential that you contact me BEFORE booking the new date! If your venue gives you a list of dates, let me know so that I can tell you our availability. If you go ahead and secure your new date with your venue WITHOUT checking with me first, I (or my Pro Artists) could then be unavailable and you would lose your booking with me (or my team) and any monies paid. If you choose to book on a date that you know me or my team are unavailable you will not be eligible for any refund.
- All money paid is non-refundable. But money can be transferred with the booking to new dates as long as they are before the 31st Dec 2021.
- If your wedding gets postponed to a new date, but the country suddenly reverts back to normal and you wish to move back to your original wedding date this will be possible. We will give you first refusal on your original date before we take any other bookings.
- Kirsty and all pro artists need to work in a safe, low risk environment. If small gatherings are allowed early in the lifting of the lockdown and small weddings go ahead, it will be Kirsty’s decision as to whether any artist is able to safely practise social distancing to enable the artist to work. If we feel that we cannot adequately protect ourselves and our clients from the transmission of Covid-19 while working then we will not be able to attend. We would ask that you postpone your wedding date if possible. If not then you will need to claim your hair and make up costs back from your insurance company. All money paid to Kirsty and the pro artists is non-refundable.
- If Weddings of 20 or less guests are going ahead but government guidelines insist on the 2m social distancing rules we will not be able to apply make up as we will be breaking the law. If appropriate PPE is available then hair styling may be allowed but again we will abide by the government rules.
- If you are going ahead with a wedding of less than 20 people before social distancing restrictions have been lifted we would be happy to provide a “Virtual make up trial” and “Virtual wedding day make up” where we will teach you how to do your make up at the trial and then guide you step by step on your wedding day. The cost will be 20% off normal wedding day prices. If you choose to go ahead with a wedding of 20 or less guests and reject the “Virtual wedding day” option you will not be entitled to a refund of any booking fees or money paid.
- We will follow all social distancing and lockdown guidelines and instructions set out by the Government and the World Health Organisation.
- Event bookings are subject to the same rules as weddings above.
- Destination Brides please contact me directly.